Re: [GENERAL] int8-datatype: possible bug

От Herouth Maoz
Тема Re: [GENERAL] int8-datatype: possible bug
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 16:01 +0300 on 07/05/1999, Jelle Ruttenberg wrote:

> thank you. I tried your testcase and all input was changed in the magical
> value. The 'NOTICE' disappeared when I quoted the value, but the result
> was all the same.

I had a similar problem when we installed Postgres. In my case - on Solaris
2.5. The problem there was that the script that was supposed to detect
whether or not your platform supports int8 and whether it supports "long
long int" or some other format as int8 in C created warnings over missing
function prototypes. Thus the configuration decided that this version does
not support int8, and it gives a constant everywhere an int8 is used.

This is done by config, so you may want to look into the config log.

In my case, things got well since we eventually installed on a solaris 2.6
and had no problem there, so I didn't pursue it further.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.
http://telem.openu.ac.il/~herutma